View Single Post
      04-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #72
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Over the past 3 months or so I have been getting numerous errors reported whilst driving to Ystrad Mynach each Morning to drop the wife off to Work. It's a around a 30 mile round trip with around 10 miles on dual carriage way (the rest is up a mountain). The errors were always the same. Xdrive failure, Stop Start failure, DSC failure, Tire pressure failure. All the warning lights were amber and it told me to drive to my nearest BMW garage. I did so and they looked over the car and told me the errors were caused by the battery not being fully charged. They charged the battery for me and I notice they turn off all the systems drawing charge, such as the daylight running lights etc, they also seem to have turn off the headlight washers and I can't find the option to turn them on. It is obviously a well know problem because sitting right next to me was a guy having the same said problems in an 5 Sereis. I was told it was my driving style was causing the problem, I have no idea what that means. Since the charge (around a week ago) I have not had the problems. Anyway can anyone reccomend a battery charger, can't be bothered going dealer just get a zap and any instructions on connecting to the X3 would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0