03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_BMW_328xi View Post
The owner’s manual says the A/C should come on every time you press AUTO, as typical of any BMW with this generation climate control. (my '08 328xi did that too)

But when I press the “AUTO” button, the A/C doesn’t automatically come on; which I actually like. If you press it twice, it seems to go back to the last manual setting, and if you press it again, it goes to auto with A/C on.

So I don’t know why the difference in what I’m seeing vs. what the manual says it should do.

I’m glad the A/C doesn't automatically come on when pressing the AUTO button after the climate control is turned off. I’d rather turn it on when I need it (not that frequently in the Northeast), then constantly turning it off and possibly damaging the compressor when starting it in sub zero weather frequently.

Is everyone else seeing the same behavior with controlling the A/C when you press the AUTO button either turning on the system or when its on manual?
Pressing the Auto button twice or pressing it once while already selected changes the airflow from "slow" to "normal" to "high," respectively.
Appreciate 0