10-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #42
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twerle View Post
You are coming from a M3 then a 535xi (you are the man! ), what is your rate, your opinion on those cars and then the X3 35i? What do you like the most in the new X3 and what do you miss from those two other cars (other than the power of your M3 of course).
Actaully, I had the 535 before the M3. I found the 535 too large for my purposes, and the M3 was just something I HAD to have (I am old enough that doing certain things becomes important). I really enjoyed the M3 but it was not practical in the winter (although I did winter drive it), it was not the car to do longer trips where I need to haul "stuff", and it was expensive to run. Fun, yes, but not a long-term vehicle for me.

I waited for the new X3, the MSport pkg in particular. I love the mix of utility, power, handling and comfort that I get with the X3 35i MSport. Not as fun as the M3, but for everyday use, still lots of excitement if you want. It is winter-friendly, with 4 winter tires of course, and is a great daily driver.

So, what do miss from the previous cars? The power of the M3, but I don't miss the initial cost, operating cost (it eats gas)and lack of winter use of the M3. The 535xi? Well, it was a nice car, but there is not much I miss about it. It was the best of the 3 for four-person hauling, but I do that so seldom. Usually there is one or two passengers only. Older, no children, so that's never an issue.

I am very pleased with my choice of X3 35i MSport (with DHC pkg).