11-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #27
airbagit13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarivers View Post
Xenon headlights are fun. I can still remember the first time they popped on as I pulled into my garage, the strobe effect was jarring.

I can understand the appeal of modifying an Alpine White model. It is after all among the most popular colors by far (I have one, 2014 X3 35i). All things considered, I would have put the money toward the more powerful engine - but I'm more interested in performance and what's under the hood than what the vehicle looks like. I do kind of like the idea of colorized caliper covers but I don't see myself doing it.
I'm not going to do the covers anymore, after I get the xenons I will end up just having my brake calipers painted. After thinking about it I think the covers look cheapy. I would have liked to have gotten the more powerful engine but unfortunately I had to stick to a certain budget for monthly payments. All and all I don't expect to spend more then about $1k in upgrades. I am going to pick up a used set of Xenons, on ebay they seem to go for about $250 - $300 per light. I don't think I am going to lower her any longer since I do drive my family around in the car and don't want to have a bumpy ride.
Appreciate 0