View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
kmedina
Loves BMW
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
This really doesn't apply to the X3 does it? I don't believe the US built cars will go to the VPC - this is for those vehicles transported on ships. Honestly, I could be wrong, but the main purpose for the VPC is to remove all the cosmolene, do an inspection, repair any damage, and coordinate ground transportation.
My X3 has been in VPC status for almost 3 weeks. My production video showing it is done finished about the same time. It was built in South Carolina. I am wondering why it is taking so long in this status. I have not called the dealer, because lurking here for a month I noticed they do not give real answers. I wanted to ask someone who had personal experience with it. Maybe, it just says VPC while it is transporting as a pp mentioned, but three weeks to move from South Carolina to Vegas with no updates on when it will arrive sounds strange unless there was damage on the truck during transport. Hopefully, it is something else. From lurking, I've learned that long delays (from South Carolina) at the VPC usually equal damage. Other posts say they do not even have to report damage unless it is in excess of $3600, so I may never know what is going on.
Appreciate 0