View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #30
malicem3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer67 View Post
I have a 2014 X3 28i. I do know that my car is under that extended warranty.
As far as I know, all engines manufactured before (I think) 02/2015 are under that warranty. I have 53k miles. No issues so far. No noises. But...
I don't think I'll keep the car after warranty unless BMW will fix it before.
Also, I'd like to share my last experience with BMW CPO "warranty"...
I have my CPO till 12/2019. This is my 4th BMW and I'm really thinking it might be the last.
A couple weeks ago while changing my oil I took all under covers off just to inspect everything that could be visible for any issues.
I found a small oil leak that looks like is coming from between the motor and transmission. Oil pan gasket seems dry everywhere. So it's not a good sign.
Transfer case(box) was also covered with fluid but I couldn't really see where it was coming from. So I took a bunch of pics, send them to my dealer and scheduled an appointment thinking while it's under CPO they'd fix those leaks to prevent transfer case or engine issues in case those leaks will become worse. Man, I was wrong.
Those were not leaks but "seepage". And "seepage" is not covered by CPO.
Only when it'll start leaking they can look at it again. They put a dye into the motor and transfer case and told me to come back in 200 miles or so.
My adviser smiled when he saw my face and just said: "yes I understand but..." So this "seepage" will more than likely go beyond 12/2019 and then it will become a real issue for lots of $$$$ repair.
Have anybody seen a document from BMW " What CPO doesn't cover"?
I have. CPO is nothing but a marketing move to sell more used cars for more.
My advice to everybody to have a CPO car inspected either by INDY or yourself before you go for it. I think that most CPO's with low mileage are not even being looked at. Brakes and tires maybe. And even if they did and tech made a mistake or skipped something...oh well, not their problem.

Sorry for the long post....
I agree. I wouldn't keep it out of warranty.
Appreciate 0