View Single Post
      09-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #18
Yoyoniner
Private
Rep
Drives: -

I traded in my 2011 M3 E90 with Competition Package for a 2013 X3 28i non-Sport and couldn't be happier.

Obviously totally different cars. The only real thing I miss is the engine sound, but everything else, at least for me, is better. I never could push the handling of the M3 anyways around Chicago as there is so much traffic and all turns are 90 degrees anyways. Gas mileage has almost doubled. I now have AWD for the winter and more room for the dog. Much more practical car. I have the standard 205 watt sound system (the upgraded one in the UK) and had the 800+ watt $1900 Premium Sound option in the M3. Dare I say even the audio is a lot better? I can't reason that one in my head but the bass response is much better and it sounds a lot better, though if you read the M3 forums we all kind of complain about the Premium sound upgrade--never could get it sounding right even with all the EQ settings posted online.

The car is not nearly as sporty obviously but still fun and I feel I made a wise decision. And the dealer gave me quite a bit money back so I made money on the whole process. To each his own but I am surprisingly happier with this car and feel I can do more with it and am less protective of it. Insurance also went way down.
Appreciate 0