12-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz View Post
So you're saying, charge the battery for 48 hours with a battery charger and see if the problems go away. Did you end up buying a battery from the dealership?
No! I did not purchase a new battery. I am still using the same one. It is a heavy duty one normally supplied to the Canadian market. It is an unusual fit for the UK say BMW, but they say it is most likely because the car has many extra electrical options specified by BMW Head Office when they imported it as management car, and used it for 9 months.

By the way, we have had some relatively cold weather here by UK standards over the past few days and the car has not moved for nearly 3 weeks and I was lax and did not put the battery on charge.

When I started the vehicle this morning, there was no problem with it starting, in fact it fired up immediately, but the car told me to reset the time/date. This made me suspicious leading me to put my CTEK charger on it immediately. This losing of the time and date was the first warning of a run down battery I had previously.

Note. If you charge the battery, ensure you do it in-situ and only use the negative and positive terminals under the bonnet/hood. This ensures the cars electronics are guarded against damage.
Appreciate 0