View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #27
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsa View Post
lot's to process here, but kudos to juddholland for the legwork.

so now my question which apparently isn't clear yet, does comfort mode on a m-sport non-dhp m3 provide a more comfortable ride than sport/sport+? does the suspension stiffen (non-wheel independent, of course) overall for sport/sport+ or is it a placebo effect?
From my understanding, for U.S. market cars, if you don't have DHP, and have M Sport, the switches would not make a difference to the suspension setting. Of course, we don't have physical evidence yet. To me, logic suggests that's the case.

It's likely what some M Sport owners feel in the sport+ setting are actually the sportier steering response from the Variable sport steering option, which is part of the M Sport package. I would suggest that driving straight through the same lousy roads in different setting can tell you whether there are changes in suspension setting.

For those who do not have DHP or M Sport, but only SAP, the only changes would be throttle response.

Also, with DHP the suspension setting isn't changed for individual wheels. You either get soft or hard set up at all 4 corners.