Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Over all I was surprised how clean white stays, until you wash it ... Then getting perfection is really hard!
Enjoy . You've washed it already, since Wednesday? I am in the same boat - it's a super colour, and as you say it looks clean until you have washed it, and then its an effort to get rid of the little specks here and there, but if you soak it well first, they come off more easily with not too much rubbing down.

I have wondered whether non-metallic paints lack the sort of translucent covering metallic appears to have as it certainly seems more difficult to get a perfect finish. I had mine waxed and "protected" by the dealer and thought that might be the reason, but it appears not. Anyway, the appearance the rest of the time more than makes up for the extra effort, at least for the time being whilst the love affair is still on. I love mine too.
I go to my horses every weekend and so, especially with the rain, the car is never going to stay clean. This weekend it got covered in mud.

Funnily enough it didn't look too bad till after the hand wash place on the way home ... Then you notice all the bits on the sills and skirt they missed!

Got a big thumbs up from them, the loved the colour ... They do pay a bit more attention on our cars, we usually stop through on the way home after the weekend for the last 3 years, but now with white I can see where they miss loads, bit at least it gets most of the dirt off.

I can see I am going to have to find time to clean it properly myself every now and again :-(

Talking about the mud ...

I forgot to mention VDC ... it rocks!

For so long during the purchase I didn't get it, and the other option of sport or regular sort of sets the stage for the misunderstanding. I started off thinking it was a way of deferring the decision ... But it's not, it's just a better all round suspension option which gives you the best of both all the time without you having to choose. Of course, I you want hard suspension, you can do that too.

Driving on the roads, whether good is bad and round the fields was effortless. When I have broken her ini will see what happens when I push it a bit harder and see how the VDC adapts. For sure the X3 is not a 135i, you can feel that it's heavier, but you can still throw it around.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.

Last edited by Horsey; 06-11-2012 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0