Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd123
Horsey - congrats on the car, it looks awesome, loved the bow!

I was debating the Alpine White, i actually ordered it, but had a sleepless night and emailed the dealership at 2.30 am to change to Carbon Black - i kept thinking i would struggle to keep a white car clean...

I noticed you didn't receive the IPhone cradle yet - is this the Media one? That's the one i have on order also, what's the deal with the overheating, is there a new version due out?
My father always told me that white cars hide the dirt better. Now is my chance to find out. Interestingly I was having a conversation at my local car wash and asked them what their favourite colour was ... I was really surprised when they said white ... I asked why, and they sad because they were easier to clean!

Yes, the bow is very nice.

Not sure which cradle it is, but it's the top end one for 6NR.

I only know what I read on this site ... Which isn't much. But I read that they had a hold on them as there were overheating problems...
Hi horsey!

I appreciate I may be new to this, but the media related accessories (cradles, mobile app preparation etc...) are rather confusing - especially when trying figure out exactly what you are getting with each.

Having viewed your Evoque v X3 website I added the mobile app prep (6NR) and telephone USB (6NF) to my spec list.

In an earlier post above, you mention that you were expecting a cradle for your (iPhone?) when you picked up your car - is that expectation based on those two options (6NR and 6NF) OR is there another option box that needs to be ticked?

Thanks!

Ps - very nice car...
6NR is an enhanced wiring loom to the arm rest, and some extra software. To get the most out of it you will need an iPhone, although I imagine other phones will be supported in the future. The enhanced wiring loom is for the phone cradle, however you have to order the actual receptor cartridge from your dealer. This cartridge/cradle is not specifically for the iPhone or 6NR but there are many version, many of which won't support 6NR.

You can use some 6NR features with an iPhone USB lead but that will only be BMW Apps which is basically a proxy app which has to be running on your phone ... A bit naff of you ask me. Unless you like facebook and twitter ...

In my opinion the reason to get 6NR is for "Plugin" which is an apple automotive user interface which maps to some features of an apple music player and is nothing to do with BMW apps.
Thanks Horsey - that certainly makes things clearer.

But now I am wondering if it is really worth it as I always envisaged transferring music to the HD and playing from there - and not be limited to always having to plug iPhone in to gain access to music.

Perhaps leaving an iPod plugged in would be a more convenient plan...but then how would that differ from HD stored music...?
Appreciate 0