Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      06-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #1906
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Well it's been fun getting a new car, and aside from the issue with the HUD and a stain on the passenger seat, both of which I expect the dealer to sort out, the car has been fantastic.

It took me a couple of drives to get used to it and stop treating it like a fragile piece of fine china, but I am starting to get used to it.

I really like the start/stop and auto hold. The peace and quiet at the traffic lights is very relaxing. The car starts swiftly and is ready to go pretty much as spoon as you press the accelerator. My wife hates it ... but she's the passenger! ... I thought I would hate it, but I have really warmed to it.

I haven't really pushed it much, but it does keep surprising me every now and again ... It's going to be a monster when I can use the accelerator without break in anxiety.

Only managed about 28MPG so far, but I have only done 200 miles and I am not being that careful.

With ECO pro mileage seems to go to 60 MPG, but the car fights your foot on the accelerator ... makes my driving much more chauffeur like!

Over all I was surprised how clean white stays, until you wash it ... Then getting perfection is really hard!

Got lots of approving comments.

Wish I had got the collision warning option, but clearly the dealers don't know what the options are. Lane departure assist isn't for me, but collision warning would have been. I wonder is its a coding option on the Speed Limit Info option ... Of course, the dash buttons won't be a coding option ...

Top view is just fantastic, it makes such a difference to parking. Shame you don't get the front side view for junctions ...

The TV works really well, and my wife enjoys watching it. Keeps signal really well, was surprised how well it works. Was thinking it was going to have been the biggest pointless spend, but actually, if you code it and are a disciplined driver, it's a real boon for your passengers.

Love the HUD. Speed Limit Info is really cool. Uses Nav and the camera to work out the current speed limit. It's freaky how the indicator changes as you pass a speed sign. Nav in the HUD is also really nice. I love not having to take my eyes off the road.

Not that I need the dash much, the sport steering wheel is just a bit small for me to be able to see the whole dash top to bottom, that's a bit annoying. I have to choose between the cruise control outer dial or the trip computer bottom line ... I could moved seat closer, but I like the seat a bit further back.

One thing that's REALLY odd is the volume... Switching between TV and Radio is really bad as the volume levels are really mismatched. The TV has really low volume levels and is really quiet, and when you have the TV loud enough to hear and then switch to radio it is deafening!

Love the sun roof ... And unlike the Evoque it opens too!

So far, the only useless feature is 6NR, but that's only because I am waiting for the cradle ...

Haven't been able to try the high beam assist yet.

I have been really spoilt and I am very grateful. I love my car - Never thought I would say that about a car ...

When I get some time and the weather is better I will take pics and video of the features and post them. Given the British weather, that may be a while...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0