06-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
I had my X3 loaner in yesterday to get the Ipod function looked at. It has worked flawlessly for the last month, then it stopped working. It recognizes the IPod, but won't play anything, skip forward or pull up any artwork. Tried my sons latest gen Ipod and the same thing happens. Switched cables just in case and still the same. Dealer looked at it, couldn't get my ipod or my sons to work, but got the Sales managers and another employees to work. They asked if I had synced the Ipods recently (which I had). They blamed it on that. They think the latest version of what is on I-tunes isn't being reconized by the car. WTF? So I asked what the solution is and the service manager said give it time, Apple will fix it or BMW will come up with a solution. Are you kidding me?
There were two recent iTunes releases:

10.3 2011-06-06
Adds support for iCloud, allowing automatic downloading of purchased content between iTunes and iOS devices, and downloading previously purchased music. Adds support for iBookstore on the iTunes Store.[108]

10.3.1 2011-06-07
Fixes iOS device syncing bug that occurred to some users while syncing the device.[109]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_version_history

The second one could be the culprit. I haven't updated by iTunes version yet but my iPhone 4 is up to date (v4.3.3) and everything works OK.

From what WTT has described, I would be wary of updating iTunes for the time being. Please let us know if this goes away when you get time to rollback iTunes to a previous version and resync

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0