View Single Post
      02-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaz
As a fresh owner of a 2012 x3 28i, I've enjoyed five weeks and 900+ miles of trouble-free performance. On the way home tonight I pushed it into Sport (w/DHC) and tooled up a nice winding road at a spirited speed. Not that it's related, but when I attempted to turn on the radio -- FM, satellite, AM, whatever -- the car was stony silent. Phone, same thing. I pulled over and powered down/re-started/re-booted the car twice to no effect. When I re-started I even got a message like "warning tones disabled" or something like that. Meanwhile the nav and other non-sound systems appeared to be intact. Finally, on the third stop/re-start, perhaps 30 minutes after the first, everything worked just fine.

Is this "normal," something that happens now and then that I should expect and shrug off? Or is there a serious problem? In fairness, my Windows-based laptop struggles on about 1 in 20-30 boots and I'm used to it -- they've always been this (annoying) way. My next laptop may be an Apple ...
Just keep in mind that your bluetooth connection can get hung up. Bluetooth has the capability to mute the sound system such as when making a call.

Perhaps when you were in sport mode you flew around a curve and accidentally jarred your bt telephone causing an anomalous condition with the phone and in turn muting your sound system?
Appreciate 0