11-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30dMSport View Post
No-one's asking you to believe anything. Nobody said the amp was made by DIRAC. It is a 600W digital amp (origin unknown) which utilises DIRAC technology which is the Digital sound processor giving it the surround sound and other processing features. Just as I could say it is a RED amp I can call it a DIRAC amp so readers can understand the difference that it is a DSP enhanced amp and not a straight digital amp. Then you go on to say that the DIRAC processing would make the sound better and not worse, hence saying I am now twice wrong in my previous post. But THEN you conclude your post, in which you boast of using a sound meter to perfect your equalisation settings (which are not part of the DIRAC circuitry), by stating that you do not use the surround sound (which IS the DIRAC circuitry)!

Therefore, without knowing it, you are in total agreement with me and most people on this blog who have the pro sound package in that the DIRAC processing makes the music sound crap. Which is why you, and most others, have it turned off.

One more point, as an audiophile, I can advise you that a sound meter to check your settings in the car will only work properly with a specific sequence of sound tracks such as a Chomsky set up disc or Sheffield Lab's My Disc recording. There are quite logical reasons for this but I'll leave that to you to figure out.

Cheers.
OOoops I think points made.