View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #22
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

I had a similar problem. The software update in late 2012 almost fixed the jerkiness but not quite. Earlier this year my car started jerking a lot more. I took it in and they found that the VTG motor (BMW called it Longitudinal Torque Motor) had failed on the transfer case though there was no error shown to the driver. They also updated the latest and final software fix for the jerkiness that came out in APril 2013 and now car is almost perfect! I can still feel a little jerk rarely but I can get past it if I feather the throttle gently. You can search on posts with my name to see the part numbers that were replaced.

Please do let us know what they find wrong with your car and post any part numbers they may have replaced. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBR View Post
Hi guys. Need to wake this thread again.

About a year ago I got a SW update for the gearbox and the jerking was almost gone. From time to time I experienced little jerkiness, but much better. When I changed back to summertires in April this year, the jerking slowly came back and the last 3-4 months it is worse than ever.

I actually got the "Drivetrain malfunction" error on the screen the other morning driving in very slow traffic. It jerked really bad seconds before the error appeared. It's almost like you nearly stall the engine when driving manual stick.

I called them and they said they want to look at it. I delivered the car this morning and they're keeping the car until they figure it out. I have a rental now paid for by BMW.

Fingers crossed that they will fix it this time.

Richard
Appreciate 0