View Single Post
      10-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Toecutter
Private
Rep
Drives: rattletrap

Which dealership would you pick?

I've been negotiating for an identical build X3 at several dealerships and two of them have arrived at the same (acceptable) price.

Dealership A is only 3 miles away. I've purchased two cars from them before but it hasn't really made life easier for me in negotiating for this car. Their opening offer was to sell me the X3 at MSRP and to have me hand over the keys for my trade-in (i.e. worst possible deal for me). I'm not really connecting with the sales guy as he gives the impression that he's busy and that I'm more of a nuisance to him than anything. I always get the "beg 'em to buy 'em" vibe when I shop at this place, as if they're doing me a favor to sell me a car. Their biggest selling point is that they're local, and that I'd have improved service (not sure what that means exactly) and free loaners if needed.

Dealership B is 2.5 hours away. The sales guy has been about as open and helpful online as any I've dealt with, giving me the impression that he wants to earn my business and that I'd be helping them by buying from them. They have allocations to start an X3 build right away. The drawback is that they're 2.5 hours away and that I've never even seen the place. Once I show up there the entire vibe could change.

What's my move?
Appreciate 0