03-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #5
drewxnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Thanks

The guy charged me $320 CDN, guessing it should be less for you guys, though most of the cost is probably in the labour. Since these were my 2nd set of wheels, I wasn't in a rush to pick them up, but I don't think they take more than a day to do as the coats seem to dry pretty quickly. I guess it's trickier If you only have one set of wheels.

Not sure how many coats, but guessing up to 10 possibly, based on what he had told me he would do.

The last pic might look grainy, but it's actually the sparkles from the metallic paint. With the clear coat on top, it is super smooth to the touch, almost like regular paint.

I was debating whether to have it clear coated or not, because I had read that if you do so while the durability of the dip increases, the downside is that it may be more difficult to remove it down the road, but he said that he hasn't had any issues doing so, so I went with it.
Thanks for the info, Seems about right, I got quotes from 2 places for about 250 USD so thats about 320 Canadian, but one shop is busy and takes forever to get back to me, the other shop is a little far from me (1hr drive) and they said it takes 3-4 hrs, so not sure if I want to sit around and wait that long haha
Appreciate 0