liverman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode View Post
How come your vehicle is on hold?
It has to do with this new iDrive/Nav mess (which is a mess no longer, but was during March).

I ordered on 11 March with the belief that the '14 would have the new iDrive and nav. I got a production number on that date (knowing full well building would not begin untiol 1 Apri). A few days later I double checked whether the '14 would have the new iDrive and Nav starting on 1 April and my dealer told me he had no official word from BMW NA that it was in the car. He called managers at BMW NA and they would not confirm that the new tech was on the cars starting on 1 April. Meanwhile, svereal other people were getting exactly the oppoosite info from their contacts at BMW NA. As I said - a mess.

So I pulled the order and decided to wait until "the mess" was sorted out. The dealer took the order, marked it "build for dealer inventory" and changed the color to something he thinks will sell better than my beautiful Deep Sea Blue (the nerve!) Of course, BMW dropped the priority on that order to zilch since they have other orders marked as "customer sold".

Yesterday, the very first '14 X3's hit the lots. Based on inspections of these cars by customers and some sales people, we ascertained that the '14 does in fact have the new iDrive!!! Bigger disk, faster CPU, more memory, NVIDIA graphics card - Yippee!!!!! I owe my CA some imported beers for the extra legwork he did.

So yesterday, I told my sales guy to place my order again. Since my original order was still "waiting for a build date", he went back in, flipped it to "customer sold", changed the color and I still have the same production number as I got in March

With the way they have been churning the new X3's off the line, I expect my order to get a real build date pretty soon and I have high hopes it will arrive here in Colorado in time for my wife's birthday at the end of the month.