04-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
New York Times reviews the BMW X3

BIMMERPOST NEWS
New York Times reviews the BMW X3: If you’ve got the dough, the X3 is hard to beat as a high-jolt family car
COMMENTS

Many times when reading reviews on cars, we get caught up with 0-60 times, handling, looks, the typical things that are REALLY important in any car. But its good to take pause, take stock of what any given car is intended to do, and judge the car by those factors. And this is exactly what the New York Times has done when reviewing the X3, there is no doubt this is a family vehicle, and they go into their review with that mentality. And so I think they've given an honest and fair assesment of the X3 and they come out bullish on the small SAV from BMW.

Here are some select quotes from the review, make sure to follow the Source link below to read the entire article!
Quote:
BMW’s response is familiar, raiding its deep portfolio to strong-arm opponents with more power, luxury and technology. And if the X3 still isn’t as pretty as the Audi, it leapfrogs the Q5’s performance, along with that of every other crossover in this booming class, including the Volvo XC60, Mercedes GLK, Cadillac SRX and Acura RDX.
Quote:
Yet I’ll admit it: If you’ve got the dough, the X3 is hard to beat as a high-jolt family car. It’s manageable for empty nesters, but just big enough for married couples with one or two children. It is unimpeachably fashionable, but within the tasteful spectrum of curbside radar. And being a BMW, it goes like the dickens.
Quote:
Of course, most luxury S.U.V. shoppers won’t rush out to compare high-speed slalom times. So I’ll hasten to add that the X3 drives beautifully at any pace, with reasonable ride quality and steering that makes even a nervous driver feel indomitable. But the 18-inch run-flat tires produced a bit more road noise than conventional rubber.
[Source: New York Times]