05-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #54
ReturnZero
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilumo View Post
Digging up from the grave. just wondering if anyone else went through this dilemma.... I am... I am really leaning towards the Evoke for the unique styling and the awesome interior. I thought that the x3 i drove had a very bland interior, not much better than my current 335xi. the RR, with all the nice stitched seats, doors, dash, etc, was great. I even though that the RR had more SOTP torque at low rpms. only thing is the evoque's trunk is much smaller and im afraid my dog will not fit back there. like the x3, but love the evoque. decisions decisions...
I loved the Evoque at first. I saw it in person and was impressed by the styling. Then I sat in it and was even more impressed. Then I drove it and was no longer interested and left.

The engine thrashed and howled for no good reason, and it didn't seem to want to get out of its own way. The suspension was harsh and choppy but still had a ton of body roll and didn't handle very well. There was also bad road noise and other vibrations. If they adjusted the suspension and put in a better engine I'd probably be driving that instead.

The X3 interior is definitely bland, but I thought the iDrive and controls were well placed and easy to use. I also thought the high-res screen was nice as well. Then when I drove the X3 I felt so connected to the road unlike any of the other SUVs I tested. I was sold.
Appreciate 0