10-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
Thanks Lotus. It is not complicated and you described it well, at least in my point of view.

One thing only: if towed longer time "rear up" and front wheels rotating free on the ground (sort of one axle trailer style), can it do harm to center differential even though the TCC is disengaged? Maybe oil heating issues or something like that?

And boy, am I now glad I ordered with manual stick! Hard to imagine that automatic electrocomic transmission working well for five years in here
I'm Jealous! No manual transmissions allowed on F25s in the US.
I guess the German engineers suspect that American's won't know what to do with the third pedal. Our X3 is the first automatic we've had in the family in decades. So far, it's a fine transmission. (fingers crossed)

Don't know if your use of "electrocomic" was a typo or a "Freudian slip". Either way it's very funny!

There is a small amount of fluid in the TCC, and with only some of the parts turning it might not lubricate everything properly, so one would definitely NOT want to want to tow the X3 any distance or at even moderate speeds that way.
Appreciate 0