India
Rep
Drives: E90 320D, F25 X3 30D

Garage List
2011 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyX3driver View Post
Hi akshay1234. Congratulatio, very nice color combination. Ncluding the whells
Are you sure your car was assembled in India, not imported??
If no secret, what is your VIN?? There whould be visible assembly plant code...
Yes it was definitely assembled here. Had it been imported the duties would have been much higher. The last few digits of the vin are ln71225 if you wanna check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
X3s are assembled in Chennai, India from kits shipped from the US. The same is done in a few other countries. There are huge tax savings achieved in some countries by having the final assembly done locally, rather than having a competed vehicle imported.

Many manufacturers do the same. It's called a CKD - Complete Knock Down - kit. Sometimes the complete vehicle is shipped in in pieces, and sometimes some of the parts are sourced locally. I know that F25 CKD kits are also assembled in Malaysia. The previous generation X3 was assembled in India, Malaysia, Russia, Indonesia, And Egypt. I don't know if F25 CKD kits are being assembled in all of those countries.
Exactly. A CKD is how most of the cars are done here, because if a car is fully imported the duties go up to 160% or some rubbish like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Black on black looks aggressive
Thanks, wish I could have bigger rims here, but the roads are terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrockzz View Post
@akshay1234 The pictures are lip smackingly awesome bro. How do I get in touch with you Akshay??
PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
can we get a better shot of those wheels? Did you paint or plasti-dip?
Sure will take some. They are painted, no plastidip for me
Appreciate 0