TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I currently own a 2004 X3 with manual that performs beautifully and is a hoot to drive but it appears that the manual option has been deleted in favour of the "soccer mom" crowd.

I will not consider purchasing a new X3 unless BMW includes the manual as an option for those owners who enjoy the driving experience with a little more input ( I don't even mind paying extra for the manual).

Perhaps a diesel / or M version with manual option would be great. Considering that the X1 has several manual options why not include this option for the North America X3.
You may want a manual transmission, but then when you drive this 8 speed, you'll bite your tongue. With the paddles, or even just sport mode, shifting is pretty quick, and with 8 gears, you can get your RPMs up quickly without breaking the speed limit TOO much. It sounds fantastic if you get the 35i. And the dynamic handling package is not a soccer mom choice.

We are not soccer moms. We are people with just as much driving enthusiasm as you, if not more. So go drive the car, cause you'll feel a lot more comfortable without compromising ANY driving feel or experience. And the wide track makes it more agile...AND I know I'm right...I drove the X3 in 2004 and in 2007...I know exactly what changed.
And amen.
Appreciate 0