View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #1612
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

The GSP v Silva fight looks like it's getting some momentum. Seems like everyone is keen but I'm betting GSP will come up with an excuse. I think GSP is a great fighter but he's always ducked this fight. My theory is he's waiting for Silva to reach his 50's then he may call him out of retirement. Would be great to see it at a catchweight, it's a fight for the fans.

Also noticed plenty of guys calling out Silva of late. I wonder how much $$$ has to do with it. I know Chael got payed, really well too. I think for some of these up and coming guys like Weidman, win or lose, a title fight with Silva is a huge pay day. Probably more money than he's been paid in his entire career. If they win they probably imagine their set for life. I know fighters say money doesn't have much to do with it but I'm sure it does.

I'd like to see Silva against GSP or Rashad. Otherwise I wouldn't mind him taking on a big name at LHW. I would never rule out the JJ fight but don't think it would happen. If he does fight JJ and wins decisively, it will be hard to argue against him being the P4P king.
Appreciate 0