View Single Post
      07-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
JBG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012X3 35i, 2018 X3 30i

I really like the anthracite headliner/trim with the Oyster, though others may find it a bit dour. That's the big difference in the interior. I'll try to take some that gives a sense of that overall difference, as many have focused on the dash - though that was helpful to me as well. I ordered on faith, as there were no M-sports to be seen around here. In fact this was the first that this (rather large) dealership had received. so it garnered some attention. It seems that most orders are converting existing production allocation, as it was in my case. That makes for a faster delivery process but doesn't allow much inventory to make many comparisons - at least around here.

I applied a light coat of wax that didn't require a lot of surface work, just because I don't think it came with any surface protection at all. Maybe something was supposed to be done at the dealership, but it didn't. Perhaps contemporary finishes are "cured" more quickly than in the past, but I'm likely going to wait a couple months before a serious wax. I would be happy to be told that my concerns are baseless.
Appreciate 0