shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
Additional question. I can have my car performance tuned (not by adding HW or chip, just adapting the internal config) and get an additional 50hp doing so. My fear is to loose it with a sw upgrade at the dealer.

Some questions:
1. If tuned that way, I should be able to back up the tuning correct?
2. What do I have to back up?
3. Can I put that config then back to normal or back with the tune to avoid problems at the dealer or with SW upgrades?
I am highly skeptical of any HP gains simply by modifying DME Coding, but assuming it is possible, you would have to take a snapshot of the before stock coding and then take a snapshot of the after "tune" coding and compare them to determine what exact coding changes were made, and then you would have to manually code them back to DME after dealer update.

You do not want to be backing up coding data from old CAFD "A" and restore it to new CAFD "B", as it may not align.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0