View Single Post
      12-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

just got my new x3, a few questions

First, thanks to all who have posted and answered questions. it has been a great help in deciding options etc.

got the 35i, prem, tech, cold weather, xm.

from simple to more complex

1. on my nav map, how do i get it to show the current street? My previous nav systems on my hondas showed the current street on the bottom of the screen.

2. can i change the voice volume of my nav different from speaker volume for music. again, on my old honda, i could change the nav voice so it was very low to very loud independent of music etc.

3. traffic. can this display like google maps, with lines showing where there is traffic, or do i have to actively look at traffic information in words rather than visuals?

4. was able to pair my android droid 3 running gingerbread (contacts are supported according to bmw webiste). My phone syncs with exchange server. My contacts on my computer is broken into lots of sub directories, most are just email addresses. I have about 200 main contacts with email and phone, but in my 'reply' book, i have about 1500 addresses i replied to.

After I connected my phone, the contacts imported, and what I got was just a huge list of mostly phone numbers. No names, just a huge list of phone numbers. Many international numbers as well.

It looks like every phone number I have ever called. (I also keep my entire phone log on my phone). There are the names mixed in, but I can't figure out what list the car is taking from, or how I can somehow limit this.

Ideally, I would like to see the names of my 200 contacts with their phone numbers.

Thanks.

Last edited by jbinbi; 12-26-2011 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: thought of more stuff, doh!
Appreciate 0