04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
adidasoccer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapen73 View Post
Do you mean there are no armrests in the doors either? FYI BMW has made numerous models with no center armrest. My 2002 M Coupe had nothing but hard plastic between the seats. There is a company called LeatherZ that made armrests you could add in aftermarket. My 2007 Z4 Coupe had a quarter inch thick pad on top of the center console that you could kind of call an armrest I think. Both stick shift BMWs with no center armrest. My current 135i has a wonderful armrest though.
im well aware of that fact (no arm rest in previous bmw's) but there is a reason that they changed it between then and now and idk if its just me i have never been comfortable sitting in a car without a center arm rest. its like the e46 having the window controls surrounding the gear selector it just one of those things that don't make sense to me, why separate all the buttons when usually i would put down 2 windows at a time. sorry for the rant but its a juke and in the end doesn't really effect me i wish wish i understood the reasoning behind not wanting a center armrest or at least one for each seat.

i forgot to add i8 is gorgeous...