Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCAN View Post
So question to Dechy and Billb12:

Did you guys have the adaptive drive option (or whatever it's called) on your car prior to software upgrade? If not, your Sport Mode is just a dummy entry in the car.

Do you still feel difference in throttle response several months after the software upgrade, or the car went back to the factory default.

Do you feel any significant change to steering wheel feel or suspension by playing with the Sport Mode, assuming you don't have the Adaptive Drive option?

I really don't know what to do.
Don't want to go to the same dealer as they will just waste my time and keep upgrading software on my X3 without fixing the problem. But at the same time I would love to get back to that stiffer mode that I had after my first visit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
D.
Don't have any other option other than M Sport, so no adaptive anything on mine. In terms of what my profiles do, Sport changes shift points drastically and Sport+ removes the anti-skid or whatever you call it; in Sport+ the rear lets loose extremely easy on hard corners. So I definitely wouldn't qualify it as a "dummy" entry in the car. Normal VS Sport+ the car is a whole different beast.

Sitting at 23000KMs now and I still don't have that god awful jerking @ stops / heavy traffic; that's definitely gone!

I don't feel anything different steering or suspension-wise in Sport/Sport+.

Dealer I bought & go to is Elite BMW, they haven't given me any issues on anything I've brought up; I just printed out the sheets, gave it to the good looking service rep (you'll know if you go :P ) and she browsed what was available in Canada as patches & the US codes given. The ONLY downfall was that now my USB key music sometimes resets when I start the car, as if I had changed to a new key and it rolls back to the top... maybe once out of 5 starts. Small annoyance, and I'll mention it when I get my oil changed next month.
Appreciate 0