View Single Post
      10-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #7
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I have the Continental Summer performance on my staggered 309's. Not my favorite tires, but they've done well so far in some very heavy rain storms. I'd much prefer All Season performance, but haven't been able to find them for the staggered 309s (RFT). Planning to switch out to P SottoZero's in a few weeks. A bit of overkill for the area, but I'd prefer that than being stuck out in one of the few snow storms on Summer tires with 15k mi on them. Hoping there are All Seasons on offer in the Spring!! (P ZeroNero's would be great.)

I did drive through slush and ice last February when it was new. With the Summer tires on I was very cautious which was easy because it was just after a decent snow storm and folks around here drove like we were recovering from an Apocalypse. Got along well. Some slipping on clean, smooth ice, but that was expected. Xdrive performed very well there. Didn't encounter any braking situations or travel in slick snow. That probably wouldn't have been a great situation.