View Single Post
      10-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #19
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX3 View Post
Its not just this, my car personally is nothing but issues.
NYCX3, this is just an opinion but I also think this needs to be said.

Sometimes, no matter the car brand, for whatever reason, a vehicle is just a series of problems. I do not doubt you have had some bad luck and probably have an X3 that has its more than its fair share of issues. Nevertheless, you started this thread with a global statement about BMW; "And the BMW Trainwreck continues:". By trashing BMW, a universally well respected manufacturer by referencing a recall that no manufacturer is immune from, and not addressing the specific issues with your specific vehicle, you destroyed your credibility, at least in my mind and apparently many others.

BMW is a very successful company, albeit not perfect. They build vehicles that provide a driving experience that is just not available with most other makes. BMW products certainly are not trouble free but they are very credible well liked machines. Categorizing BMW overall as a train wreck just does not solicit the same sympathy and same help you might have received had you just addressed the issues you are having with your specific car.
Appreciate 0