01-24-2013, 04:05 AM   #18
ozbmwx3
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
I don't accept runflats at all. Here in Australia once you have left one of the (six) state capitals there is next to no support for the repair and even less support for the replacement of runflats. With the amount of country driving we do this was not acceptable. However I was not going to let this issue stop me in the purchase of the X3. Our solution is that on delivery the four runflats were replaced with conventional tyres with a fifth full size spare tied down in the back. It doesn't take up that much room and we (the two of us plus 2 dogs on the back seats) have already being on two long distance trips (2,000 km each) with a third coming up over Christmas with enough room in the back to take our luggage.

This solution is obviously not going to suit everyone, but for us its just fine.

Tony
I agree. We have some large open spaces here in Oz with long distances to travel with no BMW dealers in sight. I'm planning to head off to Monkey Mia, which is 850Klms north of Perth, later this year and will be taking a spare tyre with me.
Appreciate 0