shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecam View Post
the problem is that I have buyed and installed combox from bimmertech they have coded it and coded bmw app.Now I'm afraid that when I'll take in the bmw service my car for upgrades they take away from the encoding of the combox and then the bmwonline and bmw apps.It is possible save this data to eventually restore them later? Thank you for your support ....
When Bimmer Tech did the work, they probably added 6VC and 6NR to your VO. What I am not sure of is when the dealer codes the car, if it will use your modified VO, or the factory original from Munich. If they use the modified VO, you probably won't loose the coding, and if they use the original VO you most certainly will. However, the coding is very simple. You can always just add 6VC and 6NR back to the VO and then VO Code HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA (and CMB_ECALL if it is Combox Telemtics) after the dealer programming.

The one thing though I would be concerned about is BMW Apps. When BMW Apps first came out, it did not require an FSC Code (Enabling Code), then BMW Changed it to where it does, I think with version 4.2. So, if your BMW Apps is now working without and FSC Code because you have old firmware on your HU_CIC, if the dealer programs your car, when they flash the latest 47.5 firmware on your HU_CIC, you will suddenly need an FSC code, and that will run you a few hundred dollars. If Bimmer Tech though originally added an FSC Code and imported and activated it, then you should be alright. You need to ask Patryk about that. You can also check and see if you have an active 6NR FSC code using E-Sys.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0