Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
I've always thought that one of the best and most enjoyable characteristics of my X3 is the total lack of any acceleration lag. Just tap the pedal and it goes! I'd say there's less lag than on any other car I've owned. Also high on my list of likes is the smooth shifting 8 speed transmission. Go figure. Mine is a 35i though.
+1

Excluding Eco Pro Mode, I don't understand the issues people are having with acceleration lag. Never had an issue in my 2011 and none so far in my 2015.

Driving in Comfort Mode and want to pass? Tap left paddle once and gas it. Instant power. You are gone. Coming to an intersection to make a quick left? Downshift as you approach and gas thru the turn. Transmission will return to D on it's own in Comfort Mode, redline in Sport Mode depending on the amount of throttle pressure (before it changes gears) and in Sport+...you are on your own lol. Basically what I'm trying to say is USE that 8 speed. That's why it's there and a huge reason the F25 is such a fun drive.

Just finished the break-in, changed the oil and reset the transmission. This thing is a blast. Definitely heavier at the wheel than my 2011 SAP, more balanced at the front and noticeably faster.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0