riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
Acceleration Hesitation

Hello all,

I've read a lot, over the years, about people complaining of delayed acceleration, throttle tip-in, turbo lag, etc. I never had even a hint of this with my 135 or 335. I now have a 2015 2.8.

Now that I've been driving it for a few months I'm definitely experiencing some type of acceleration hesitation. As in, I push the pedal all the way to the floor to try and wake the car to pass, or whatever...and it just sits there for I'd say 2-3 second count then it takes off. This is in comfort mode. It's to the point it's a little unnerving when I'm expecting the car to do one thing and it's just not responding at all. I've noticed this in different scenarios...turning onto a hill (so maybe DSC?), passing, normal driving.

The sport mode makes it a bit better, but driving in sport presents another set of issues as you just barely touch the accelerator and the car jumps..not progressive at all. It feel like a Nissan Altima...lol. Is this all normal or am I unfairly judging this against my old N55 engine with PPK chip?

And one more thing, the transmission is very jerky (to me). Where the 335's 6AT was great and unobtrusive, this one I always feel it and it never feels like it's in the right gear for what I want to do. Everything I'd read on the 8AT was it really worked well in the background...I'm just not seeing it.

So..am toying with talking to the dealer but I wanted to see if anyone was experiencing any of these symptoms whatsoever...Maybe less, maybe more?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0