View Single Post
      03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #1365
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
Having had my 30D M Sport for 3 weeks, my comments on your feature list would be.

Internet is so slow (non 3G) as be be virtually unusable. When would you really use it?

Heated Front Seats may not be used much for the cost. Plus there are a number of reports from the US of them catching fire.

The standard issue speakers seem very good to my ears, worth testing whether Businees Speakers worthwhile.

Electric Seats, Prof Media, Sun Prot Glass & Visability package - well worth while

I wish I had the Extended Storage.

Congrats on choosing a great car.
Many thanks
Interesting comment on the internet option, it will be interesting to see how well it works.
The fire/seat problem is worrying, not heard of that before but I still think worthwhile for the cold weather.
I had a play with the HUD in an M5 and was impressed. Initially I had specced the highest speaker/amp package, again demonstrated in the M5 but downgraded one preferring to spend the money elsewhere.
I have most of the other things in my 5 series (including business speaker package and that was a improvement on the basic package) and they get used every day. They never add value come resale but this is a car I intend to keep for a while. The extended storage was a bit of an afterthought TBH but seemed reasonable value.
I was a bit annoyed DAB didnt come as standard. It does on other models these days. Cant believe the media option is any different to any other model, but hey ho!
The ride was good IMO on standard sport suspension so no VDC and a whole heap better than the X6 that I test drove for a day. That was a really choppy ride on most roads.
Cheers

Last edited by vojak; 03-15-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0