View Single Post
      12-31-2023, 04:39 AM   #9
ajbM4cab
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab / M240 Cab / X4MC

Garage List
Have had my Sophisto Grey (dark graphite in US) X4M competition for just on 2 months now and it is proving to be the best daily I have ever owned. Not my first choice in exterior colour but so glad I did now.
Plenty fast and spacious with a great ride height. Performance and handling so good it is hard to believe it is a SUV at times.
Boot / cargo space plentiful with only a loss to the X3 due to the coupe tail off. Even better with rear seats down.
Seats are great and plenty comfy with the multi point adjustments.
Economy is how you drive like most. I have a 90 miles commute 80% motorway and regularly achieve 26-27 mpg.
Exhaust sounds great in all modes economy sport sport plus.
Handling is rewarding and it maintains that RWD feel albeit 4WD
I have fitted Eibach springs to mine which has slightly lowered the car but also certainly took that ride harshness away by further improving the comfort. The ride was very harsh until the springs changed.
Also have Michelin PS4s all around.
Loaded with most factory extras, drive assist, carbon enhanced interior but the pan roof being the must have IMO.
Also have extended individual ivory merino which was a must for me to give that bright and fresh space when combined with the pan roof. A simple regular wipe down with a warm microfibres cloth keeps it fresh.
For services, like you have said I will be using a local independent.
Great car u won’t be disappointed.
Other than checking for usual service history and evidence of bumps etc. the main one to check for is the ‘paint peeling issues’.
Not sure what years or countries allocation this affects. But you can search throughout this forum for posts on this.
Also check to see whether the onboard backup battery has been replaced. This is a small rechargeable battery than is located in the rear headliner and under the shark fin. It provides a secondary backup for emergency communications etc in the unfortunate event of an accident when the main battery is automatically isolated for safety reasons. This allows the emergency call system to remain active. It is common for this battery to start failing after 3-4 years in early cars.
Not an expensive item
To replace (£60 eBay) but so labour intensive that cost to replace would include for near 4/5 hours labour to remove the rear interior pillar trims and headliner.
Mine went literally one month in so luckily still under my used warranty.
When these initially start to fail the ‘emergency call system not available’ message is displayed on the dash in replacement of the odometer display. It will come and go initially so hard to detect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
HeatJoey1223.50
cfm56d7b5924.00