04-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F25X3 View Post
they film my car beeing build anyway, as the cameras are on 24/7. so why not allow everybody else to view it? Its total BS if u ask me. i probably paid more for the car and some people can and others dont. BS
Wow. Relax Watching the video, theres obviously a bit of logistics that goes on behind the scenes, I myself thought the same as you before watching it.. "oh yea they just film it and put it online-- simple", but now I realize theres a team behind this and alot more work than it seems, the cameras are the easy part, coordinating the videos and pushing them online takes a whole lot more resources.

Now I'm assuming here, but from my own personal experience, when I want to roll something out, I do it on a smaller scale first, iron out the kinks, make sure its working, the right videos are getting to the right people, and find out if its actually useful or not.

If it turns out to be usefull, successful and actually works, then I would roll it out on a larger scale.

For right now, this seems to be a project undertaken by BMWUSA. I have a feeling that if it works out the way they want it to, they would propose the idea to BMW AG to put the videos onto other country sites for international buyers who are getting cars produced at Spartanburg, maybee roll it out into other factories as well (would be nice to watch an M3 getting built!). Does BMW UK yet offer a way to track your BMW the way BMWUSA.com does?

For now its a nice bonus BMWUSA is offering people, I think you might be jumping out a little from the gates to have an EXPECTATION of a video of your car at this point. Maybee in the future it will become a standard part of car buying, who knows, but hopefully...