02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #1274
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
Thanks for the responses on the Postcode question.

All change for me.

I had a 30D X3 M Sport on order via Uk Car Discount. I was aware when I placed the order that it was quite possible that the order might go south. So I was not surprised that after 4 months I had the 'we are sorry but BMW have removed out allocation letter' from Uk Car Discount along with my deposit back to the Credit Card.

If the car had come through I would have got a good discount, but I am not surprised that the order failed.

Tried again with many dealers in the south of England but the max I could get was 2.6%.

Checked on the demo cars and found a 30D M Sport the right colour, with the features I wanted and not too many features I didn't need/want.

The car was first registered mid Jan 2012 (MY2012) with 1,000 miles on the clock at an effective discount of 10.6%.

The part exchange I received was at the top end of my hopes.

Tried the car today and committed. It is being delivered on Friday.

I am well pleased.
Sorry to hear that. I think that's the 3rd report of a third party pulling out I've seen on this forum. You get your money back but not your time. They shouldn't be allowed to do it but I guess that's the extra risk that comes with the bigger discount - at least you were prepared for it and it sounds like you got a good outcome so well done for that

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0