View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #22
Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

I might be confusing the terms here; Normal, Sport & Sport+ are the name of the modes that appear in the small cluster guage LCD info area when using the buttons next to the iDrive knob.

You are correct though because my iDrive also showed me the image & Drivetrain / Drivetrain & Chassis / Chassis pictures when I changed modes with the buttons, that is until I unchecked that option to show when changing modes because the woman would always look at me in a somewhat stressful way "oh no, what are you going to do?" lol

But yeah, Sport mode = Drivetrain = same as putting shifter in semi-auto and Sport+ = Drivetrain + Chassis = semi-auto + turning off DTC. Then there's paddleshifter mode which I can pop at any time which auto-downshifts but holds gear until I upshift.

I think heh, I usually just quickly double-tap the Sport button to reach Sport+, do what I need to do and double-tap Normal. Never use the shifter semi-auto and rarely the paddleshifters; the 8 spd is just too damn efficient to row through all those gears lol.
Appreciate 0