04-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Creaking Sunroof noise sorted!

Had creaking noises from the sunroof when going over bumps and going
round corners. The noise was more apparent in cold weather but basically there all the time.
Booked the car into the dealer for them to look at, they said on first visit that one of the seals was misaligned. This was not causing the problem but they said that they wanted to replace it in case it caused a problem later. Car had to be booked in following week for them to order seal. I think the creaking noise is known issue with the X3(see other postings on this thread) as they dis not quibble and told me they would have to take out the sunroof. In the end the car was in the workshop for a couple of days, partly as they admitted it was the first X3 roof done at the dealership.
But full credit to the dealer the car is now fine and they also sorted a rattle at the back.
Not sure what they did as had to pick up the car quickly from the dealer and as the work was done under warranty I got no invoice.
Having had several BMW's before all of which had bomb proof build quality it leads me to think that QC standards have dropped, not sure if this is due to it being built in USA (compared to German manufacture)?
Car is UK spec.
Appreciate 0