View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #2
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba ba boosh View Post
I went to the dealership to get the airbag recall fix for my F25. I see a G01 30i in the showroom. I'm trying to open the hood, pull once and got to the front to unlatch the hood. Nothing down there, the salesman says, you pull the hood switch twice to open. Ok, so now it's open. I check out the new 4 banger twin scroll, that's nice. I try to close it. Nothing. Just stayed position 1 when I pulled the latch once. I try to slam the hood down to close, nothing pops right back up. At that point I don't want to pay for any cosmetic damages, I transition to the waiting area with tv and couches. Someone enlighten me please.
The front hood closing is different, and those of us used to the 2nd Gen X3 line should probably take a bit of care in this. Your salesman was correct, and you do have to pull the latch twice and there is no front hood lever to move. It is then free to lift, and I think I mentioned that in passing in our delivery thread when I was showing photographs of the engine. But the closing part...

This is where we do need to be diligent I think. This is a much more forceful close than what we had previously. And until folks get used to this, it would be prudent to double check the edge seems laterally to make sure it is fully shut. I say that, as I had a family member ask me whether the hood was fully closed on the right side when we dropped some items by one day (after I had recharged the battery the night before), and indeed it was not. And that was after I knew it needed a hard close.
Appreciate 0