View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
BruceOmega
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Sportline

When we were configuring the order for our new 35i, I put the Sport Activity Package on the list of options primarily for the sport seats with their thigh support, and the thicker steering wheel. I missed having these on our previous '06 X3 after having them on my sedan. I also wanted to try the sport automatic transmission but that was more of a secondary reason.

For the DHP option, I decided to include that in our options unless I discovered an overwhelmingly compelling reason not to get it. In my mind, the combination of SAP and DHP was the equivalent of the old "sport package" for better handling, only now with a better ability to cope with less than smooth roads.

From a financial perspective, the delta increase in cost for DHP, if you're already getting SAP, is a small percentage of the purchase price and I did not want to have regrets later.

I can't comment on how a 35i with both SAP and DHP compares to one with just SAP, or with neither.

I can comment that when I put our 35i in Sport setting with the rocker switch, and move the gear shift lever left to the S mode, it handles extremely well for a vehicle of this type, and is very responsive, while still having a compliant ride- much better than our non sport '06 X3.

Thanks
Bruce
Appreciate 0