View Single Post
      07-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #17
TheBeast809
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (e90) sedan

Garage List
Here is my 2 cents for what it might be worth.

I been driving BMWs for the past 15 years, I only drive the BMWs. everything else just feels wrong. a couple of months ago I decided I had to upgrade from a very fun 335i without xdrive(which in NY is a no no) to a SUV had a baby and found I can be the most overprotective papent ever!. although I wanted a x5 50I badly, my current financial situation didnt allow it.

so after several months of looking found a used 2015 x3 28i with xdrive base model with 25K mile with no options. No issues, 1 onwer, not accidents got it for 25,500 for a used car dealer. For me at the moment the deal made it woth giving up all the options, color, and anything else I really would want.

First thing I did, was take it to the Manhattan BMW dealer, and they gave me a new loaner with 400 miles on it. several options mine did not have like parking assist and rear view camera, oohhh and yea the big thing it was a 35I. I kept thingking the rear view camera really comes in handy, I should have gone for that. the bigger engine makes all the difference, which I already knew from the 335I wish I could afford paying the difference at the moment.

then I remember mine only cost 25.5K before tax and that puts a smile on my face.

In retrospect the only thing I would pay more for is the engine everything else you can live without if you are on a tight budget. Hope this brings some perspective.

all that said I think 40K is a big budget. specially if you are paying cash and not financing. there was a 2016 X5 with 11K miles on it no options I almost bought for 42K.
Appreciate 0