Thread: It arrived!
View Single Post
      10-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #34
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

I tried night shots of the interior lighting but it doesn't look good. Messed with the camera settings but can't reproduce the actual look in person.

When the car starts it idles pretty loud, then after a minute or 2 it gets much quieter. The rpm's don't change. The X3's, at least the 35i's have something in the exhaust system that can let the exhaust go directly out or via another path. I don't know the mechanics of it, but I'm thinking it switches off the direct exhaust after a little bit of idling which is why it gets quieter.

Once in a while when sitting at a traffic light the rpm's seem to jump around. I don't think it's as bad as the rpm idling issue some people have, just something I noticed.

I started playing with the voice commands today. It worked very well in the driveway, understood all my commands I'll have to see if it's as accurate with road noise.

My favorite thing was you can enter a complete address without stopping.
My old system would say
- Enter State
- Enter City
- Enter Street
- Enter Address
- Confirm guidance start

With this you say the entire address without pause and it understood it in my 3 tests.

MPG so 13.5mpg so far, local driving keeping it under 3,000 rpm. I assume that will improve, or I'll go broke.

I love the sports seats. The sides really help hold you in place during sharp turns.

The only thing I'd like them to change about the car is how much the wheels turn when you turn the steering wheel. I think the wheels should turn 1/3 more than they do so that you wouldn't have to turn the steering wheel as much.

So far no regrets, loving it!

Question: When I touch the door top open it, the doors unlock and there is a hiss noise coming from under the car, like it's starting to do stuff. Anyone know what it's doing?