10-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #32
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by twerle View Post
Well if the IS250 was as good as a BMW I would not be here, looking for answers about the 2012 X3.

We are all trying to save money and make the right decision since $44K is a LOT of money, and I agree, diesel saves you lots of money, but I hate their truck noise.

I realized, that is not right answer, the key is how much money you have as both cars are great, but is either a X3 3.5 with sport pack or a very basic now almost outdated X5 that is heavier and needs much more gas to drive from point A to B and maybe is not as much fun to drive, who knows how much will gas cost next year.

The only thing is, the X5 holds value better then the X3, but at same time is much more expensive to own it.

Tank you all for the feedback.
The key is most certainly not about how much money you have, not for everyone here at least. There are several members on this forum who have spent months deciding whether to get an X5 or an X3, notwithstanding of the options they can afford--in any event that's not your judgment to make. I could have just as easily afforded a fully loaded X5 xDrive50i, and I mean fully loaded, but responsibly I chose the X3. I don't need as much space as a car that can hold a third row seat, albeit a meager excuse for one at that. When I had an X5 4.4i, I was filling up two or three times a week, but with my X3, I'm filling up three times every two weeks, with a smaller tank.

What's more is that there isn't an X3 diesel in America, and there probably won't be for a year or two, so whether "you don't like the truck noise" is not something that can decide this for you. So clearly you haven't done any preliminary research about the X3, let alone BMWs at all, for that matter. BMW diesels do not sound tinky and rattly like Freightliners do, because they're refined. You remind me of parents at college info sessions, asking questions they can so easily find on the school's website. Except their attention to sentence structure and grammar is probably leaps and bounds beyond yours. If you want adults to answer your question, articulate yourself as an adult spending $44,000 should.

And to bite you back, I'll say this. For $44,000, the only X5 you're buying is Certified Pre-Owned.

Last edited by xDrive35i; 10-18-2011 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0