View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
This is nice in theory but couldn't be further from reality. BMW have the ability to find your car if stolen using the in-built SIM and GPS (potentially) but they will do nothing to help you if you car is stolen.

They cite legal reasons for this but I suspect they'd sooner not tread on the toes of the companies that sell trackers and would also have no issue with you buying a new one after an insurance claim. Refer to the recent media reports on just how it easy it was steal the last generation of BMWs
Why BMW will not help- you suspect your partner is having an affair, but where are they. Lets call BMW Assist!!
I presume in the UK, they would have to help locate your vehicle if the police formally requested, but not before.
BTW- my X3 immediately says no key present (Pro-Nav). The other day I got out of the car at home, ready for my wife to drive off on another appointment. She beeped the horn straight away- 'Can I have the key'..... 'Oh yes :-)', removed key from jacket pocket and handed over.
Appreciate 0