12-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #1138
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
No, there are different types of updates. You have just downloaded the update for external devices I assume (as per .bin update file thread). A full update takes a long time and requires a complete O/S re-install and can't be done by anyone except the dealer or someone with some sophisticated kit. You can't see the actual car software version without a key reader but it's in the format engine-year-month-version e.g. F025–10–12–503 where F025 is for F25, 10 is 2010 and 12 is December (this is my old actual version number before it was updated at the dealer - I needed an update for 6NR). This version number is not the same as what you see under software update on iDrive

Angel eyes are still awesome to me when I see them now despite owning my X3 for nearly a year already. Must have options are subjective but xenons are an absolute must IMHO

Enjoy. And, er,
I know... I know!!! but not getting back till after 2 then having to pop to sainsburys in the rain meant not great pic taking circumstances.

OK... just taken my lad out for 10 minutes then had a play with BMW Apps... fantastic although my lad thought it was even better that he could watch DVD's on the Pro Nav!

Although he wasn't too impressed that the first satellite radio station was a dodgy German one!
Appreciate 0