View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #55
S1000RRPilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X3 35i M-Sport Carbon Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
You should feel a large difference between pre-updated "normal mode" and post-updated "normal mode," "sport mode" is less noticeable imo. In the Motor Trend article they noticed a throttle lag when the X3 slows down then suddenly speeds up along with when suddenly accelerating from a stop. Since you said that you don't notice much of a difference then do you still experience the issues Motor Trend is describing?

A way that you can easily tell if they updated your software is by looking at the small screen between you speedo and tach, does it now say "mpg" in small, white letters by your red & blue mpg bar? Also, when you first turn on your car does it say in bold, red letters to fasten your seat belts?
Hi all, thanks for the responses. Yeah, I've got the Fasten your seatbelt in RED and the little MPG right under the left side of the MPG bar. So if that's a good indicator, then yes I got the update.

Still there's no appreciable difference in acceleration from stop. Still the same delay in normal and sport modes.